I lose weight by just drinking water?
is a fact that 2/3 of our body is made up of water. It forms the
major constituent and has many functions. One of the major health
problems that people are facing across the world is obesity. To
conquer the same, there are a number of ways which are effective,
one of them being drinking just water. A person can survive only
on water for several days as the human body has ample reserves
to carry on even without any solids.
Let us now look at how water helps us in losing weight:
· It does not contain any calories and is harmless.
· When the body is hydrated, the rate of metabolism increases
and hence, it is good for weight loss. The body is more energetic
and therefore, the excess calories are burnt very fast.
· Drinking lots of water helps in removing the toxins from
If you wish to follow a diet of only water, you should have 7
to 10 glasses of purified water every day. Apart from this, you
can also have liquid foods such as soup, fruit juices, etc. without
sugar. However, the same cannot be done by someone who is suffering
from any heart ailments, and diabetes. Here are a few things that
should be considered before taking up this diet:
1. You should avoid any rigorous physical activity that will make
you lose energy.
2. It is always advisable to consult a doctor before you start
this diet plan. There are some conditions under which this should
not be done.
3. Some of you might feel light headed if you stand up suddenly.
To avoid this, you should take deep breaths before getting up
from a chair. This will give your body enough oxygen and you will
not feel dizzy.
4. Before starting this diet, you should prepare your body for
detoxification. This can be done by including fruit and vegetable
juices in your meals. Take care to see that you have them fresh.
5. If the only water diet plan continues for more than 1 week,
you should also include fruit juices. This will provide the body
with enough nutrients.
6. Drinking distilled water has been proven to be very effective
in such a diet plan. This has certain properties which are not
present in the normal and/or mineral water which we use.